Thank you for taking time to visit BobKressig.com. The goal of this website is to keep you informed about State and local government issues. Many of the issues that we discuss at the Capitol need your input for the legislature to make an informed decision. Please send me your thoughts and ideas to the contact info in the website.
My mission today is the same as it was when I first embarked on my journey in 2004- to serve my beloved community, neighbors and family of the 59th District to the very best of my ability and to bring big ideas, focus and fiscal responsibility to the Iowa House.
Thank you for visiting and I look forward to hearing from you!
GOP BROKEN PROMISES; IOWA HEADED IN WRONG DIRECTION
• Instead of listening and working to improve life for everyday Iowans, Republicans stacked the deck against them.
• Instead of raising family incomes like they promised, Republicans lowered wages for 65,000 Iowans.
• Instead of making sure every kid gets a great education, they shortchanged public schools again this year with the third lowest increase in history then blamed teachers for the state’s budget problems.
• Instead of keeping health care affordable, Republicans cut a woman’s access to health care for cancer screenings, STD test, and birth control. They also passed a 20 week abortion ban without exceptions for rape, incest, or even health of the mother.
• Instead of keeping higher education and job training affordable to build our skilled workforce, Republicans raised tuition on students attending our state universities and community colleges.
• Instead of working together with dedicated public servants like firefighters, police officers, and teachers, Republicans took away their rights and their voice in the workplace.
• Instead of making it easier for Iowans to vote, Republicans created more hurdles and less time for Iowans to cast their vote.
Republican lawmakers ignored the concerns of Iowans this session and broke their promise to create jobs and raise family incomes. While rewarding the special interests and out-of-state corporations, the GOP stacked the deck against everyday Iowans who are working hard but still not getting ahead. Democrats will keep listening to Iowans, hold Republican politicians accountable, and fight to build an economy that works for all Iowa families.
Nov 3 Northeast Iowa premiere of KINNICK: The Documentary
Lang Hall, UNI, 7pm, 319-273-2311
Nov 3-5 Now. Here. This.
Lang Hall, UNI, 7:30pm
Nov 4 Hurts Donut Glow Run
Peter Melendy Park, 6pm
Nov 4 wcfsymphony: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone in Concert
GBPAC, 7pm, 319-273-7469
Nov 5 UNI Football vs South Dakota State
UNI-Dome, 4pm, 319-273-4849
Nov 5 Jazz at the Black Hawk: Chris Merz & Alex Pershounin
Bar Winslow, 7:30pm, 319-260-4020
Nov 7 UNI Women’s Basketball vs St. Thomas
McLeod Center, 5pm, 319-273-4849
Nov 7 UNI Men’s Basketball vs Dubuque (Exhibition)
McLeod Center, 7:30pm, 319-273-4849
Nov 8 Election Day
Find your polling location at blackhawkcountyelections.iowa.gov/
Nov 10-12 Downtown Ingredients
Cedar Falls Downtown District, 319-277-0213
Nov 11 UNI Volleyball vs Southern Illinois
McLeod Center, 6pm, 319-273-4849
Nov 12 UNI Volleyball vs Missouri State
McLeod Center, 5pm, 319-273-4849
Nov 13 UNI Women’s Basketball vs St. Thomas
McLeod Center, 2pm, 319-273-4849